Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Over the hills and through the woods

To fucking nowhere! Yesterday we were on the road for 10 hours. If I was on a plane I'd be almost home. My dad wanted us to go to Koh Kong, for what reason I have no idea. Koh Kong is the town on the border between Cambodia and Thailand. Like most border towns there's nothing there. I guess the idea was to drive across the border but you could only cross on foot. The worst part of yesterday was that I had to give in and use the squat toilets. TWICE! I almost lost my lunch the second time...

We finally make it to Sihanoukville around 7 pm. I was bummed that I didn't have enough time to get in the pool.
 
Today we're just roaming around time. Went to a few beaches. Had lunch at Victory beach. I was tempted to go for a swim...We stopped and bought some bananas and feed more monkeys and then we checked out  the Independence Hotel. The Independence was built in the 60s when this town was a major vacation spot for the rich.




 
 
Tomorrow we're headed to visit Kampot and Kep.

No comments:

Post a Comment