More exploring
We went to several places today. First we went to Bakong and Preah Ko and saw the ruins there. It's all really neat but after awhile it all begins to look the same. Then we drove all the way in the other direction to Tonle Sap which translate to freshwater lake. Boring...nothing to see.
After that we went back to the hotel for rest, but I decided to go walking around. Yes, the leash came off. I walked for two hours, along the walk I stopped at Swensen for a scoop of cookies and cream ice cream and some water. I went to a coffee shop for an iced decaf, but decaf is not available in this country.
In the afternoon we went to Phnom Bakheng. It's quite a hike up to the top, about 3/4 miles. If you don't want to walk you can ride up the hill on an elephant. The point of this site is to watch the sun set into a lake. Totally overrated.
We went to dinner at a BBQ place that was basically hot pot. It was actually really good.
I forgot to mention that yesterday when we were visiting Angkor Thom, there were lots of monkeys on the side of the road. After we had lunch we bought several bunches of bananas and gave them to the monkeys. They come right up to you to get a banana. The little ones were so cute. One monkey climbed right to the top of the car and sat up there. We had to chase him off finally.
No comments:
Post a Comment