Sunday, November 4, 2012

No rest for the weary

This week has not been a resting one. Lots of walking and climbing up steps.

This afternoon we went to a temple outside of Battambang and had to climb up 359 steps and of course come back down. If I haven't told you yet, my dad's job on the trip is to carsit which he doesn't mind at all. There are vendors at these sites so he'll sit and drink fresh coconut water while we exhaust ourselves. It's funny because my dad is the tour guide directing where we should go and once we get there he sits and wait for us. Yesterday's trip to Phnom Bakheng was a couple of hours but he didn't mind at all.




If I had known today's trip was another sweat-drenching trip, I might have skipped the shower after my noon time pool session. At least I'm clean, right? 3-4 showers a day is a good thing here since you're drenched in sweat the minute you step outside.

I'm writing this post while I'm lounging at the pool (again). I've never wanted or liked swimming as much as now. I'll be sad when we leave for Phnom Penh tomorrow, no more pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment