After Phnom Kulen, we headed down the hill and drove to a place called Banthey Srei. This was another temple area. And at all the attractions there are vendors.
Not much to say but it was neat. It always amazes me how ancient people built these structures without the tools that we have today.
Btw, you have to pay for the use of restrooms. If you're on a tour, I believe that the cost is included in your tour price, but otherwise you have to pay. If you're a national the price is 500 riels which is about half a quarter. The price is higher for foreigners. Since I speak Khmer (the word Cambodia or Cambodian is a foreign word, the natives refer to themselves as Khmer and that's also the name of the language) I don't have to pay the higher fee.
Also, if you are a foreigner, there's a fee to visit any of the temples/sites. When we got to the entry area, the guards asked where we were from and our driver told them Phnom Penh. Of course they look at me and I don't look Cambodian so they ask me if I speak Khmer and I said yes and we all got in for free.
Not much to say but it was neat. It always amazes me how ancient people built these structures without the tools that we have today.
Btw, you have to pay for the use of restrooms. If you're on a tour, I believe that the cost is included in your tour price, but otherwise you have to pay. If you're a national the price is 500 riels which is about half a quarter. The price is higher for foreigners. Since I speak Khmer (the word Cambodia or Cambodian is a foreign word, the natives refer to themselves as Khmer and that's also the name of the language) I don't have to pay the higher fee.
Also, if you are a foreigner, there's a fee to visit any of the temples/sites. When we got to the entry area, the guards asked where we were from and our driver told them Phnom Penh. Of course they look at me and I don't look Cambodian so they ask me if I speak Khmer and I said yes and we all got in for free.
No comments:
Post a Comment