Saturday, October 27, 2012

1st day of exploring

You have to see the hideous outfit they put me in!

 

So our first day of exploring started with going to the tailor shop to get some clothes made. I ordered three shirts, hopefully they turn out well. The next stop was to the marketplace. We got some breakfast, nothing exciting. There were tons of food vendors and I would have been happier to just walk from one stall to the next but I didn't have that option. We walked around and shopped for grocery. They don't believe in refrigeration. All the meats were just out in the open. At lest the seafood was in water or on ice.
 




Next stop was back to my brother's in-laws house. By the way, I should mention that my brother's mother-in-law is wife #1. There's a wife #2 as well. So they cook up the food and we ate lunch. Eating is on the floor and since I was wearing a skirt and couldn't really sit they made me switch into a hideous outfit. Photo is posted at the top of this blog.




Back at the hotel for a nap. Not really sure what tonight holds ahead. I am hoping we don't go back to the in-laws for dinner because some of the other stuff they bought are not things I want to eat - pig parts and its not the good stuff like bacon or pork chops.


The hotel is ok, but it's not in the touristy area so no good shops nearby. The shops in this area seem to sell parts for various equipments. We drove by the Mekong river front yesterday and that's the place I wished we had stayed. Lots of shops and cafes. Lots of people and tourists.

4 comments:

  1. Technically he's only married to one. Sam's mom is the first wife, but she's not married to the dad so she's really the mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know very much about her fam. She has at least one brother and sister. I met her dad oce. Is he a douche?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam has 1 brother and 2 sisters and then several step-siblings. Yeah, the dad seems like a db.

    ReplyDelete