We're in Siem Reap today and probably until Saturday so that's 3 nights.
Siem Reap is finally what I was expecting. It's a big touristy town so it's a little more modern and put together than any of the others I've seen so far. On the drive into town, there were SO many amazing hotels. Of course we didn't stay at any of those. I am hoping to remedy this problem tomorrow. There's a river/stream that runs through a long part of the city. There are lots of beautiful parks and garden. There's an Old Market area along the river and it really reminds me of Waikiki. I think it's because that area is full of shops, restaurants and tourists.
We did a little exploring today but it rained really heavily in the afternoon so we couldn't explore the temples. I'm hoping to do that tomorrow. I want to visit both Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom.
Siem Reap is finally what I was expecting. It's a big touristy town so it's a little more modern and put together than any of the others I've seen so far. On the drive into town, there were SO many amazing hotels. Of course we didn't stay at any of those. I am hoping to remedy this problem tomorrow. There's a river/stream that runs through a long part of the city. There are lots of beautiful parks and garden. There's an Old Market area along the river and it really reminds me of Waikiki. I think it's because that area is full of shops, restaurants and tourists.
We did a little exploring today but it rained really heavily in the afternoon so we couldn't explore the temples. I'm hoping to do that tomorrow. I want to visit both Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom.
No comments:
Post a Comment