Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Battambang

We were in Battambang yesterday and the day before. It's even worse than Phnom Penh. My parents used to live there and still have friends and family in that area.

We visited my dad's friend and my mom's uncle and cousins. I need to get an SD card reader because you need to see the hovel they live in. It's down a long dirt road, filled with huge potholes. The drive out was rough, but seeing how they live was disturbing.




We did go to a neat temple yesterday. The statue (in the photos I'll eventually post) was built in a pond that's overgrown with water lillies and such. There was a cool ruins there and I got to climb around on it. This was a preview to Angkor Wat and I am hoping that it will be as fun.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment